There is more to photography than just the act of taking pictures. A lot needs to happen before and after a photograph is taken. This 3-day workshop will introduce participants be the basics of research, ethics, caption writing and digital workflow.
WHAT WILL THE WORKSHOP COVER?
- Ethics: The workshop will encourage participants to discuss “rules” that govern what is considered to be truthful and faithful representation of reality through photographs.
- Research: How should a photographer prepare before going out to shoot in the field? Why is this preparation important?
- Caption writing: The workshop will focus on how to successfully convey the context/subtext of a photograph in writing as to best deliver the message to the public. Introduction to the Genres of Photography with particular focus on Storytelling.
- Digital Workflow: How to organize your photos so that you can find them when you need them? Participants will be introduced to photo file management + editing softwares like Adobe Bridge/Lightroom/Photoshop. Film Screenings (optional)
Participants should bring the following to the workshop
- Personal Laptops
- 10 photographs taken by the photographer (digital files)
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Nepali photographers and photojournalists who are interested in learning more about caption writing, digital workflow and file management, ethics etc.
Dates and times:
30 Oct – 1 Nov: 9am – 2pm
Workshop venue: Yala Maya Kendra, Patan Dhoka
Max. number of participants: 15
To apply, please send:
- the filled-in application form: Beyond the Camera Application Form
- Send us a selection of your work – your portfolio for this application process should be your 10 best images (low-resolution), recently taken.
to email@example.com. The subject of your email should be the title of the workshop. If attachments exceed 10 MB in size, please send them via WeTransfer.
Rs. 2,000 +13% VAT
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
By applying for a workshop, we expect you to agree to the festival’s code of conduct.